To set up a direct debit
You will need to contact the company or organisation you want to pay - this can be done over the phone, online or by post – they will be able to set up the direct debit for you.
To arrange a new direct debit, you will need to sign a direct debit mandate which is provided to you by the organisation you wish to pay and return it back to them. The organisation will then set up the direct debit mandate with us.
The information you'll need to provide to set up a direct debit will include:
- Your name and address
- The name and address of your bank
- Your bank account number
- Your sort code
- The name(s) on the bank account
Watch - How to set up and manage direct debits
Newly set up direct debits will only show on Digital Banking once the first payment has been taken from your account.
After the first payment has been taken it will display on your statement, and you will be able to view it along side any other existing direct debits.
To view your existing direct debits
- Log in to your Digital Banking service at www.rbsdigital.com
- Once logged in select 'Payments and transfers' from the left hand menu.
- Select 'Manage direct debits' from the 'Direct debits' section.
- This will take you to your existing direct debits where you can view and cancel them.
To view your existing direct debits using your Mobile Banking app
- Log in to your Mobile Banking app
- Select the account that the direct debit is set up against
- Select the 'Direct debits' section
- Select the direct debit you want cancelled. You will see the detail of the direct debit, and the option to cancel the direct debit will appear at the bottom of this screen