How can we help you?

Regular Monthly Overpayments

If you have regular overpayments collected alongside your monthly Direct Debit, they'll be allocated to your mortgage sub-account(s) in the same way that your normal monthly payment is split across your sub-accounts.

E.g. If 40% of your monthly payment is allocated to sub-account 1, with the remaining 60% allocated to sub-account 2, any overpayments will be split in the same way.

Making regular overpayments alongside your monthly Direct Debit are easy to set up and amend in our self service platform 'Manage my Mortgage'. You can find it in the Royal Bank of Scotland app or Digital Banking. If you haven't used them yet, here's some guidance (opens in a new window) on how to access them. It doesn't matter whether you have other NatWest accounts or just a mortgage.

If an app isn't for you, you can also use Manage your Mortgage (opens in a new window) where you can just see your mortgage account.

Once you've logged in, select 'My payments and services' from the main menu, 'My payments' and then 'Make a payment'. 'Set up a regular overpayment' is the option you need.

Lump Sum Payment

Making irregular lump sum overpayments online whenever you want is easy, and the quickest way to get your money into your mortgage account. You'll see lots of useful information to help you decide how much to pay, and you'll see what your balance and monthly payments will be if you continue to make the payment. You choose the amount you'd like to pay to each sub-account. Once your payment is made, you'll receive email confirmation within a few hours to help you keep track.

Again, just use our self service platform 'Manage my Mortgage' to review your mortgage. Once you've logged in, select 'My payments and services' from the main menu, 'My payments' and then 'Make a payment'. Lump sum overpayment is the option you need.

Ask Cora

Cora can help you with a wide range of queries and show you how to do your banking.

Available 24/7

Find Cora in the mobile app, Digital Banking or our website