Ask a question

A company has charged me the wrong amount. What can I do?

Have you been overcharged by a retailer or supplier?

The best place to start if you have been overcharged for a transaction is by contacting the company you paid

But we realise it's not always possible to resolve a dispute directly with the retailer or supplier. If you can't resolve the issue we may be able to help you and start a claim.

What we need from you

It would be really helpful if you had the following information ready before contacting us:

  • The name of the company you paid as shown on your statement
  • The date and amount of the payment you are disputing

It's worth noting that you may need to provide provide proof of how much you have been charged, such as an invoice, order confirmation or receipt. Without this evidence you may not have a successful claim.

You can have a chat with the Retail Disputes team, who are available from Monday to Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-1pm.

Chat with us
For direct help with this now, chat with one of our team

Chat now