How can we help you?

We will need to see the original death certificate supplied by the local authorities in the country where the person died. If the death certificate is in a language other than English we will need a certified translation.

We can accept one of the following types of translations:

  • A Foreign Death Certificate with the translation already incorporated into the original document
  • A non-incorporated translation completed by a UK or Non-UK based translation company. For UK based translators/companies they will need to be registered with one of the following recognised organisations:
    • Chartered Institute of Linguists
    • Institute of Translation & Interpreting
    • Translator employed by a company who is a member of the Association of Translation Companies

All non-incorporated translations will need the translator to confirm the following details on the document:

  • It is a true and accurate translation of the original document.
  • Date of translation
  • Full name and contact details
  • Signature
  • Registration No. (if applicable).

Alternatively we can accept one of the following:

  • A Consular Death Registration Certificate (obtained by registering the Foreign Death Certificate in the UK)
  • A Foreign Death Certificate supported by a UK Solicitor’s Death Verification Form

Please use our online notification service (opens in a new window)

If you don't have a UK mobile number, please call us on:

0800 161 5904
overseas: +44 1204 684658
Relay UK: 18001 0800 161 5904
Open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm

If the death certificate is in a language other than English we will need a certified translated death certificate.

Ask Cora

Cora can help you with a wide range of queries and show you how to do your banking.

Available 24/7

Find Cora in the mobile app, Digital Banking or our website