Below is a basic guide on enabling cookies depending on the browser you are using, if you need further guidance refer to your browser vendors support pages.
- Click on the 'Tools' menu > 'Internet options'
- On the Privacy tab.
- Click on 'Advanced'
- Select 'Accept' under 'First-party Cookies'.
- Click 'OK'
- Click More actions (they appear as 3 dots on the top right hand side of the browser).
- Click on 'Settings'.
- Scroll down to the 'Advanced settings' section and select 'View advanced settings'.
- Scroll down to the 'Cookies' section and select either 'Don't block cookies' or 'Block only third party cookies' from the drop down menu.
- Click on 'Tools' menu (press the Alt key if the Tools menu is not displayed) > 'Options' on a PC
'Firefox' menu > 'Preferences' on a Mac.
- On the 'Privacy' tab under History, ensure the 'Firefox will:' drop down menu is set to 'Use custom settings for history'.
- Tick 'Accept cookies from sites'.
- Click 'OK' on a PC or just close the preferences window on a Mac.
- Click on the 'Edit' menu (press the Alt key if the Tools menu is not displayed) > 'Preferences' on a PC
'Safari' menu > 'Preferences' on a Mac.
- On the 'Privacy' tab next to 'Block cookies' click on 'From third parties and advertisers' or 'Never'.
- Close preferences window.
- Click on the '3 horizontal lines' icon in the top right corner > 'Settings' on a PC
'Chrome' menu > 'Preferences' on a Mac.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'Show advanced settings'.
- Under Privacy click on 'Content settings'.
- Under Cookies select the option 'Allow local data to be set (recommended)' and click 'Done'.
- Close the options window/tab.
- Press the F12 key on a PC
press Alt + F12 on a Mac.
- A popup menu will open, check the box next 'Enable Cookies'.
Further information about cookies
The Interactive Advertising Bureau is an industry body that has produced a series of web pages which explain how cookies work and how they can be managed.