Looking for answers
Ask a question

Can I amend or cancel a CHAPS payment once it has been sent?

If a CHAPS payment has already left your account then it can't be amended or cancelled.

If your CHAPS payment was arranged for a date in the future you can call our Telephone Banking Helpdesk to see if it's possible to cancel the request using the same Security Details as Online Banking.

Telephone banking
Personal - 03457 242424 (overseas +44 131 5498888)
Open 7 days a week 8am-8pm (Automated service 24/7).

Business Customers in Scotland - 0345 6002230 (overseas +44 131 5498888)
Minicom: 0800 404 6160
Business Customers in England and Wales- 0345 3070900 (overseas +44 131 2420017)
Minicom: 0800 068 1289

Open 24 hours a day.
Calls may be recorded.
Call charge information.

Please have your Customer Number and security number ready as this will enable your call to be answered faster and more securely. These are the same details you use to log in to Digital Banking.